About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Friday, February 11, 2011

Puppies for a Cause: Brown Dog Foundation Helps Save Animals when their Owners are in Financial Crisis

Written by Marketing Intern Roslynn Fitch 

Some of my friends found a small, helpless puppy as they were leaving a Powder Puff tournament this evening. The puppy was maybe five pounds, dirty and extremely cold. My friends couldn't just leave the puppy there, so they brought it home to my house. After washing the puppy multiple times, giving it a flea bath, and feeding the poor thing for what seemed to be the first time in her whole life, it got me thinking about how many other dogs were roaming the streets as winter hit. 

My roommates and I struggled with what to do with her, as we are poor college students and really can't afford a puppy, but we also don’t want to send it to a shelter. As I was doing some research, I came across a great animal organization: Brown Dog Foundation.

The Brown Dog Foundation is one of kind. It isn’t a shelter for animals or a site raising awareness for homeless puppies, instead, it helps families who are in financial crises as the same time their pets have a life threatening illness. I have heard the story so many times: that a beloved family pet had to get put down because the family didn’t have it in their budget to spend thousands of dollars to save their pet. This site helps those families to save their pets lives. You fill out an application, and the Brown Dog Foundation will try to help. For more information or ways to donate, visit http://www.browndogfoundation.org/

To support animal rescue and shelters by shopping, visit Uptown Liz.

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz