About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Uptown Liz Featured in FranklinCovey Planners Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness

Liz's story has been featured in the new GALS planners at FranklinCovey. This is something that has been in the works for several months, and when Design-her Gals and FranklinCovey decided to partner on a special collection supporting the Gal to Gal Foundation, I was asked to write about Liz, Uptown Liz and my connection to the foundation (in order to read Liz's story, you will have to see the planners in person).

This came about because of my personal and business relationship with the founder of Design-her Gals and the Gal to Gal Foundation, Jeanne Fitzmaurice, who is a tireless advocate and warrior for breast cancer. Although we have never met in person, we have formed a "virtual", mutually supportive friendship that has meant so much to me. I first discovered Design-her Gals just a few months after Liz passed - the company was so Liz; she would have loved it. I contacted them and wrote how grateful I was that they were bringing attention to such an awful disease as stage IV breast cancer. Jeanne was the one to respond, and the rest is history.


The entire GALS Collection at FranklinCovey is phenomenal; they have outdone themselves. From totes to files to business card holders, they are the most stylish planning accessories I’ve ever seen. There is something for everyone in every price range. The products can be found at Uptown Liz (in the "Liz" section), Design-her Gals and Franklin Covey (stores and online).

My deepest gratitude to the teams at Design-her Gals and FranklinCovey for the privilege of sharing Liz's story - which I know will touch so many - and growing her legacy to "my wildest dreams".

Graphic caption: The likeness of Liz (left), her dog Daphne and Ramona designed at Design-her Gals to support the Gal to Gal Foundation.

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz