About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Friday, May 23, 2008

Save the Planet and Your Skin with tarte

Being a former make-up artist, I am a self-professed make-up junkie. I've tried to kick this habit, but with companies like tarte making better beauty products that are good for you designed in chic packaging all while helping the planet, my rehabilitation efforts are out the window. One of the reasons I fell off the wagon was tarte's Spring 2008 Health Couture line, where they are introducing their new t5 super fruit complex. The first blend of its kind has naturally occurring, antioxidant rich nutrients and vitamins and is made with the five most active super fruits: acai, goji, maracuja, acerola and pomegranate.


My make-up mania tends to focus on lip gloss, so when I tried the double dose berry boost & gloss ($21) that lets you control your pigment and shine, I was taken right back to my artist days. With four brilliant colors to choose from you’ll be an expert in no time.

Another product with the t5 super fruit complex is their best-selling natural cheek stain that is swirled with two flattering shades. Full blossom ($28) gave me that perfect flushed color in my cheeks and the formula worked well for my oily skin.

Let’s not forget those lashes. Rejuvelash declumping lash exhilarator ($16) treats, protects and revives lashes. I used this as a lash conditioner before applying my mascara, and my thin, puny lashes turned to red carpet eye openers.

Last but not least is their infinite glow bestsellers palette ($30) with park ave princess mineral powder bronzer, award-winning gel cheek stain in tipsy and a moisturizing 24.7 lip sheer in the new shade may flowers. This bronze, faux-croc, compact with mirror is just what your summer travel plans ordered.

Tarte makes it quite alright to be a make-up-aholic by giving back to Mother Earth with their support of the Sambazon's Sustainable Acai Project. With the purchase of every full blossom cheek stain and double dose berry boost & gloss, you'll be helping to preserve the Amazon Rainforest through forest conservation, improved living conditions and educational opportunities for communities in Brazil.

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz