About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Thursday, May 8, 2008

Allyson Collins Does Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Liz's Memory

Last year my mother and I co-captained a Relay for Life team for the American Cancer Society in Liz’s memory for the first time. We raised over $22,000 – breaking all fundraising records – and won four awards in the process. For several reasons (mainly busy schedules), we will not be doing it this year. However for the third year in a row, our dear friend, Allyson Collins, will be doing the two day, 40 mile Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in my sister's memory.

Allyson was with my family through all of Liz's illness and was incredibly supportive. Despite living, working and going to school in San Francisco, she visited Liz every time she was hospitalized. During the end of Liz's life - while Allyson was in finals at school - she drove to Stockton every day she could (sometimes in the middle of the night) and held vigil in the hospital with us. She slept on the floor of my mother's house the nights immediately following Liz's death and held my hand as I walked behind my sister's casket, barely able to watch my 24 year old brother and husband be some of the young men to carry it.

We are forever grateful to Allyson for her dedication to our family and Liz's memory. Please join me in supporting her efforts to raise money for this wonderful cause. You can make a donation by going to Allyson's personal page before July 12th (click here).

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz