About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cynthia Nixon Named Spokesperson for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation

Sex and the City star, Cynthia Nixon, recently revealed she battled breast cancer in 2006. A routine mammogram showed a small spot and after an operation and six and half weeks of radiation, she is cancer free. She stated the reason for keeping the matter private, "I didn't really want to make it public while I was going through it. I didn't want paparazzi at the hospital, that kind of thing."

Nixon, who's mother is a breast cancer survivor, was not completely surprised with her diagnosis. "I always sort of thought, I'm probably going to get breast cancer," she said. "There's a really good chance."

"I felt scared," she continues. "I thought, 'Oh, I don't want this to be happening.' I was very cognizant of if it's going to happen, this is the best way for it to happen, that it's found so early and we can just get right on it."

Since becoming a breast cancer survivor, Nixon will be the new spokesperson for Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation - the world's largest breast cancer advocacy organization.

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz