About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Women for a Cause: Interview with Kim MacGregor of IBelieveShesAmazing.com (Part 5)



RR: Besides Erika, who are the women in your life that have influenced you? What have they taught you?

KM: Besides Erika, for sure my mother [has influenced me]. Coincidently, I also lost my mother to colon cancer. I was only 29 and my mom was only 53. She started with breast cancer when she was about 42, and we thought she was clear for 13 years, and then it came back when she was 53 as very advanced stage 4 colon cancer.

My mother was an incredibly amazing woman. She only went to grade eight, but she was self-educated and had a real thirst for learning. Any time I went to my mom and said, “You know, I think I would like to do this or that,” she would say, “Oh my God, you would be so good at that!” She was just the biggest cheerleader and rah-rah person; an amazing influence in my life.

And then I would honestly have to say after my mom would be my three, little girls who truly inspire me every day. They teach me so much about the beauty of the world. They teach me about imagination, unconditional love, creativity, excitement and joy. Just everything that is good and yummy in the world.

RR: Being a mother to three young girls, what do you think is the biggest lesson you can teach them?

KM: To live with passion and to follow their hearts .Whatever it is they choose to do, my husband and I will be happy if they are doing something they are passionate about, and if they follow their heart. Where you are passionate about something, and you love something, then life is a joy; life is a cakewalk. This whole movement that I have created, and has come together magically, has been such an undertaking of passion. And no day feels like work, because there is so much pleasure in doing what I do.

I also want my girls to believe in themselves. To believe they can do anything they want to do; anything they set their mind on, they can achieve. That is the greatest gift they can have.

Photo caption: Kim MacGregor with her daughters Madison, Ava and Elle.

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz