About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Monday, February 13, 2012

Company With a Cause: Freebirds Aims to Change the World

Written by Marketing Intern Katy Rowan

I walked into my college town’s Freebirds yesterday and couldn’t help but feel pure joy.  Joy for the food I was about to consume (some yummy queso & chips with good friends), but also joy for the knowledge that I was dining at place where the bottom-line isn’t the main concern.

For those of you who’ve unfortunately never tasted Freebirds’ food or who’ve never heard of Freebirds period, I’m telling you now the company is a force to be reckoned with.  The burrito giant was founded back in 1987 in Santa Barbara, California and it has seen success ever since.  After coming to the best place on earth (also known as Aggieland, where I attend school), Freebirds has continued to expand around the country all the while satisfying the mission of filling people’s bellies with food and souls with inspiration.

And yesterday was no exception.  I sat there among my friends’ idle chatter, and I couldn’t help but feel a sense of positivity and empowerment as I glanced around the place.  Everywhere you turn, there are uplifting sayings and unique foil designs silently encouraging you to impact the world in some way.  It was this feeling that prompted me to come home and research the company.

Sure enough, I found what I felt is exactly what they aim for; they hope to show everyone just how easy it is to lend a hand.  Through their World Works program, they promote various opportunities in an effort to get both staff and guests out to change the world.  They’re true purveyors of the belief that leading by example is the way to go.  By treating their guests with the kindness I was shown yesterday, they not only fulfill their mission, but they live and breathe it themselves, too.

So, if you’ve not been to a Freebirds before, get out and find one today! Not only will you savor the delicious food, you’ll leave knowing you have the power to change the world.  Now that’s my kind of restaurant.

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz