About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Friday, May 28, 2010

Intern for a Cause: Changing the World

Written by Uptown Liz Marketing Intern Nandini Kavuri

I should probably start by introducing myself: my name is Nandini Kavuri and I am a junior marketing major at Texas A&M University. I have just recently started working as an intern for Uptown Liz and I could not be more excited. I have always been a fan of the Gandhi quote, “be the change you wish to see in the world”. I think it is a powerful statement about the transformation one person is capable of bringing.

It has always been a secret goal of mine to change the world. I never really anticipated how exactly I was going to accomplish this feat; I just knew that it was on my to-do list in life. Now I can’t say that I have come anywhere close to reaching this goal, but I can say that I have decided that I want to make this goal a priority.

As a business major, I spend a lot of time learning about revenue and profit margins. But I love when companies care about more than just their bottom line. I believe that businesses can be financially successful and still be charitable. In fact, it seems like the ideal package. As a consumer I want to know where my money is going and know that it means something.

Coming to college has allowed me to expand my horizons and figure out what I am most passionate about. I have realized that I just want to give back. I have been awarded so many great opportunities in my life and I would love to be able to help others. I believe that working with Uptown Liz is another wonderful opportunity that I have been afforded. I know that working as an intern, I will learn so much more about the company and myself. And maybe I will be one step closer to making my goal of changing the world come true.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yay Nandini!!!

Welcome to Uptown!





2007 Uptown Liz