About Us About Us About Us
Meet Liz Shop by Cause or Product
About Us
About Us
Home Contact Us
Uptown Liz Blog
Press

Uptown Liz Blog


Monday, March 10, 2008

Health food for your lips


Is it possible to get long-lasting lip color without it drying your lips out? Not only is it possible, it can also be good for you. Tarte Cosmetics created "the first-ever lipstick that will nourish, moisturize and rejuvenate lips". Inside Out Vitamin Lipstick is powered by Borba nutraceuticals, which include grape seed extract, acai juice extract, vitamin E, green tea extract, chamomile extract, vitamin A, lychee extract, jojoba seed oil, vitamin K, shea butter and beeswax. And if it couldn't get any better, the product is also paraben and preservative free.

Maureen Kelly, founder and CEO of Tarte, says "I wanted easy-to-use products that would help me recreate beautiful, makeup-artist-inspired looks without all of the unnecessary steps. I wanted products that looked like stylish accessories when I whipped them out of my purse (and to that end, I wanted compact products that would fit in my purse!). Above all, I wanted healthy products that were doing good things for my skin."

She definitely accomplished that with this product. My lips never felt so good as when I was wearing Sweet Dreams - a bright rose color in a chic case - and after eating lunch, the lipstick was still there. If it weren't enough that Tarte is eco-friendly and has given to over 20 charities, proceeds from the Sweet Dreams lipstick (selling for $22) go to the Young Survival Coalition (YSC) - the only international, non-profit network of breast cancer survivors and supporters dedicated to the concerns and issues that are unique to young women and breast cancer.

For more information on Inside Out Vitamin Lipstick, Tarte or their cause, go to the Beauty page on Uptown Liz.

No comments:





2007 Uptown Liz